Blissful Destruction

Blissful Destruction

Holding My Breath

My name is Natalie, I'm seventeen (senior in HS even though I attend community college through running start), and hopefully that is not enough for those closest to me to realize that this is me and not some random girl. However, I'm willing to risk sharing the gruesome details of my drug use and my attempts to escape in order to free myself and hopefully save others from this destruction. I began using alcohol, weed, nicotine, coke, and ecstasy at age twelve. This progressed to trying almost every drug except crack, meth, and heroin.Upon discovering Oxy cotton my life took a turn for the worst. This progressed to me needing something stronger resulting in my year long heroin addiction. During this year I tried crack and meth also making it so I have sadly tried about everything. I do not want to live like this, and this blog will be forcing me to face the horrible things I have done and witnessed. I believe writing will set me free.

Hope

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Hope is an iffy thing. It seems like every breath I take the world takes it back. Sometimes, hope rears it's ugly head and then I ultimately get crushed, destroyed, and wonder if I can even keep trying. It holds hands with trust. A long time ago I realized that the only reason trust is a word is because it describes something nonexistent. Trusting people means they can hurt you so I simply stopped. I can't trust a single person in my family and life was easier not trusting anyone. Then, I met him. My current boyfriend of a year and some months I decided to trust. Why? No clue. I can't seem to stop putting my faith in him no matter how many countless times he's shown I shouldn't. It's not him I can't trust, it's the addict. We must get clean or else we will never work together. I love him more than I love quasidillas from Jalisco's (my favorite Mexican restaurant) and that's saying something haha. I also found out I'm probably getting fired which I'm not trying to think of because I want to be optimistic. And I am being optimistic because I'm finally going to be able to drive legally for the first time--which I'll catch you up on later. My car's ready to be picked up from the shop! Furthermore, all my Christmas shopping is done, and I'm wearing a very cute dress so I'm happy! I have some hope. I hope I don't get let down.

No comments:

Post a Comment