Heroin use has destroyed everything that makes up me and my life. Through writing I believe I can help others and help myself. This is not for the weak minded and has gruesome detailed content of the destruction drug use creates.
Blissful Destruction
Holding My Breath
My name is Natalie, I'm seventeen (senior in HS even though I attend community college through running start), and hopefully that is not enough for those closest to me to realize that this is me and not some random girl. However, I'm willing to risk sharing the gruesome details of my drug use and my attempts to escape in order to free myself and hopefully save others from this destruction. I began using alcohol, weed, nicotine, coke, and ecstasy at age twelve. This progressed to trying almost every drug except crack, meth, and heroin.Upon discovering Oxy cotton my life took a turn for the worst. This progressed to me needing something stronger resulting in my year long heroin addiction. During this year I tried crack and meth also making it so I have sadly tried about everything. I do not want to live like this, and this blog will be forcing me to face the horrible things I have done and witnessed. I believe writing will set me free.
Second Chance at Life
Saturday, February 5, 2011
I am proud to say that yesterday I finished detox!!! It's not like it was court-ordered or anything, my parents didn't force me, and I told them I needed it. The downfall was my mother's interaction with my detox. I begged her to check into detox with me, but she wouldn't, and instead lied to the detox saying that I snuck drugs in--when I didn't. Suboxin is a drug that helps with withdrawals, this is what my boyfriend took while I was checked into detox. Therefore, he didn't throw up for twenty-four hours the second day clean, like I did. The pain was, and still is, pretty intense. I thought I was dying and wouldn't get over it: yet, I SUCCEEDED and am now feeling so much better! Life has new meaning and I'm trying to recover faith in a higher power. The track mark scars are valuable; seeing how I destroyed myself will show me the horror I caused myself, and remind me of the pain of withdrawals and use in general. I miss the old me before I started 'partying' at age twelve. But, I realize now you cannot look to the past or present for answers. We must live in the moment or we will crumble. The thing that I never realized was that not only can you look to past bad events and dwell on them, you can't focus on the good parts of your past. This is because when we dwell on the past--negative or positive--it takes away the beautiful present. Shit happens, we need to live and let go, because if we don't focus on the present than we will be victims of the past. I always hung onto the bad things that occurred after my parents divorce (when I was eight), but also dwelling on how good it was before the divorce. Missing the past or looking for the future, we become stuck, lost waiting around for life to happen. I'm now going to survive my present and live one day at a time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yes, one day at a time to be sure. Good for you, wise words from someone so young. Stay strong, keep your head up, especially when things feel the worst, keep moving forward. Remind yourself there will always be a brighter day if you look for it. xo
Post a Comment